G-DRAGON's Old Cyworld Q&A Self-Survey (싸이문답/자기소개문답) when he was still a trainee.
- Q1: Birth Name
- A: Kwon Jiyong
- Q2: Birth Date
- A: 88.8.18
- Q3: Place of Residence
- A: Hapjung thugs (합정thugs)
- Q4: Bloodtype
- A: Type A
- Q5: Cellphone
- A: Side (Width) Instinct Phone (Samsung SCH-V500)
- Q6: Shoe Size
- A: 255~260cm
- Q7: Personality
- A: Unexpected
- Q8: Future Hopes/Dreams
- A: Musician
- Q9: What are you good at?
- A: Depends
- Q10: What do you do as hobbies?
- A: Hitting the mpc, writing lyrics, drawing, listening to music.
- Q11: Favorite Song
- A: It's always different, but lately it's been Let Me Love You
- Q12: Favorite Things
- A: Watching movies, playing with my girlfriend, getting massagesㅡㅡ
- Q13: Favorite kind of flower?
- A: Nothing specific, but I guess roses to make it easy?
- Q14: Favorite food to eat?
- A: Ramen
- Q15: Type of women you like?
- A: A cute career woman, a bright girl, and smart girl is the type of girl I like.
- Q16: Type of hairstyle you have right now?
- A: Just-woke-up-from-bed hair
- Q17: Things you find ugly and unsightly?
- A: People who are different on the inside and out, people who aren't confident in themselves, people who do things only to please themselves.
- Q18: The most embarrassing moment you've ever experienced?
- A: Don't remember.
- Q19: Your current worries?
- A: I have two, but I can't remember them anymore.
- Q20: Ever stayed out all night?
- A: Many times but now I'm dorming.
- Q21: Alcohol tolerance(the most drunk you've been to the point you can't remember anything)?
- A: Well if it's that bad, then I shouldn't remember it.
- Q22: First love?
- A: Elementary school 4th grade? Puaha.
- Q23: Who you respect the most?
- A: Agency(company) family, all people who strive and aim for Black (African-American) music, Teacher Lee Jaesung, and my dad.
- Q24: Sport you're best at?
- A: Depends.
- Q25: Your own path?
- A: I don't understand this question.
- Q26: Any blind date experiences?
- A: None.
- Q27: When do you think you're the coolest?
- A: When I'm standing on stage.
- Q28: Have you any experience dating someone?
- A: Yes.
- Q29: Favorite number
- A: 8
- Q30: #1 prized posession
- A: My family, my instruments, my pogs
- Q31: Lowest ranking you got in academics in school?
- A: 29th place
- Q32: Highest ranking you got in academics in school?
- A: 18th place
- Q33: Your motto?
- A: Confidence in everything you do, Better myself first, Be a good son to my parents.
- Q34: How do you feel after you look at yourself in the mirror?
- A: Mm... I like. Keke. (♥)
- Q35: Favorite color
- A: Black, white, pink, gray
- Q36: Colors you dislike
- A: Don't have any.
- Q37: Good things(pros) about yourself?
- A: Fun, have manners, have pretty fast wit and common sense.
- Q38: Bad things(cons) about youself?
- A: I'm sometimes unexpected/clueless. I sleep too much.
- Q39: Drunk habits
- A: None.
- Q40: Smoking amount/Amount of cigarettes a day?
- A: None.
- Q41: On a rainy day...
- A: Personally, I don't like rainy days. I just sleep at home.
- Q42: Foods you're good at making?
- A: Ramen, 3-minute curry packs
- Q43: Foods you're good at eating
- A: Everything.
- Q44: Age you want to get married?
- A: When I find the person I love and as soon as I'm in the right position (financial stability) to start a family.
- Q45: What you want to scream out when you're in an empty gym or sports field?
- A: I'm scared~~ Youngbae~~ Save me.
- Q46: What you'd want to give a friend of the opposite gender?
- A: What she wants, love
- Q47: Something you want really bad at the moment?
- A: Sony PSP and an MPC.
- Q48: The place you want to go to the most at the moment?
- A: Japan, New York
- Q49: What's your take on dual income(both husband and wife work)?
- A: I'll work. Wife, you just rest.
- Q50: Creed on life?
- A: Live positively.
- Q51: One thing you really want to do right now?
- A: Perform.
- Q52: Words you hate the most?
- A: "You're always like that", "Of course, you would, you're always like that."
- Q53: Words you love the most?
- A: "Just~~", "I love you", "Bravo."
- Q54: Habit
- A: Biting nails.
- Q55: TV programs you enjoy watching?
- A: Don't really watch TV these days, but I guess OotChatSa(comedy program)?
- Q56: Your fashion?
- A: Unexpected.
- Q57: Times when you feel like dying?
- A: No, I'm going to live.
- Q58: Times you feel that you're happiest?
- A: When I'm standing on stage.
- Q59: Times you feel the most miserable?
- A: Never. Everything is God's blessing, so I'm always thankful.
- Q60: A time when you felt the dumbest?
- A: Don't remember.
- Q61: The person you think of when standing in the rain/when getting hit by rain?
- A: My mom.
- Q62: A movie you watched that left the biggest impression on you?
- A: Old Boy, If Only, Cruel Intentions
- Q63: A movie you watched that you thought was the most erotic/sexual?
- A: Ahem~
- Q64: When you were the most ill/sick?
- A: When my heart was broken and I felt like crying~ keke
- Q65: An experience you've had that people won't believe?
- A: Studio ghost (Heard ghosts and voices while I was practicing.)
- Q66: The most embarrassing moment you've ever had in your entire life?
- A: Won't tell you.
- Q67: Have you ever given candy or chocolates to someone on Valentine's Day?
- A: Well, I just gave one to everyone.
- Q68: What time do you sleep?
- A: Usually late, maybe around 3AM (insomniaㅡㅡ)
- Q69: Favorite subject?
- A: English, History, Theater(improvisation, miming, speech, dance)
- Q70: A tendency when you get angry?
- A: Face gets red and I get really hyped.
- Q71: Foods you can't eat?
- A: Oysters, carrots, dog meat.
- Q72: Things you're really not confident in?
- A: Nothing.
- Q73: What do you think about the Miss Korea Pageant?
- A: Don't care for it.
- Q74: When you make plans with a friend, but they end up not being able to make it?
- A: I'll play by myself.
- Q75: A girl with double eyelids or a girl without? What's your type?
- A: Hm... I don't care.
- Q76: If you had a psychological burden about "money"?
- A: But I'm not pressured about it.
- Q77: When your beloved girlfriend finds someone else other than you?
- A: If they're better than me, then o.k.
- Q78: You want to live until what age?
- A: Not too old, but not too young. Maybe I'll follow death soon after my wife dies first.
- Q79: Do you like sunlight or moonlight?
- A: It depends~
- Q80: The first thing you do when you wake up?
- A: I kiss my pogs.
- Q81: Happiness you earned from telecommunications?
- A: What does that mean?
- Q82: Your house is...?
- A: Comfortable.
- Q83: Your favorite foreigner
- A: What kind of question is thisㅡㅡ
- Q84: Someone you need to keep beside you and take care of the most?
- A: Hyundeukie (Real name: Hyunseungie)
- Q85: How long can you wait for someone who's late to a meeting/date?
- A: If they're coming, then until they come.
- Q86: A time you felt the most futile?
- A: Never. If I was going to give up, I wouldn't have started in the first place.
- Q87: How much allowance do you get in a month or in a year?
- A: It depends~
- Q88: What are you doing at the moment (What work are you doing at the moment)?
- A: The thing I've always been wanting to do, the thing I must keep on doing.
- Q89: Your favorite season?
- A: All four season.
- Q90: What's your dream?
- A: To live to be a great dad of a harmonious family; for my son, for my daughter, for my wife... and to have my family listen to the music I make.
- Q91: The first place you look at when you see a woman?
- A: I see the face first... isn't that what everyone sees first when they look at a human?
- Q92: A first proverb that comes to mind right now?
- A: Unexpected, Unexpected, Unexpected, Unexpected, Unexpected (It's a proverb keke).
- Q93: Your nicknames?
- A: Kwon Jiral, Yonggary
- Q94: If you were to get plastic surgery, where would you want done?
- A: Nose.
- Q95: A part of your body that you think is nice?
- A: My neckline/collarline that even girls will cry with jelousy. Kekeke.
- Q96: Love is...?
- A: Something that begins with love and ends with love.
- Q97: Your first kiss experience?
- A: Was fast/earlyㅡㅡ;
- Q98: Your religion?
- A: Christianity
- Q99: What do you do when you're bored?
- A: Sleep or go on the computer.
- Q100: Words/things you hear from girls a lot?
- A: It depends~
- Via - G-Dragon (Kwon Jiyong) Cyworld Minihompy, Translated by - swaggalevel-1000.tumblr.com or @big_seunghyun (:
How people perceive us doesn’t affect who we are and it’s possible that our popularity may die in the future. But I’m not scared of that. It’s okay if we go through an accident and can’t go up on stage. The reason why we can continue doing our music is because us five are enjoying our time together as a team. We all like music and wherever we go and whatever we do, I’m thankful that we’re together. I have no fear and this is how it’s gonna be. - Taeyang (10 Asia Interview 2012)
“When five members of BIGBANG are together, we’ve developed profound memories and deep friendship. BIGBANG has given me everything that I didn’t have before. That is BIGBANG’s existence to me.” - Taeyang
Seungri is our cute maknae (youngest). He’s a very nice person. He has a good personality. He learns very quickly. He absorbs like a sponge. So I think he has a very bright future. And he has that something that makes him improve himself. He has the driving force.”
— G-Dragon about Seungri (on Bigbang Around the World on MTV)
“I usually have bigger dreams. Although I don’t have a specific goal in mind at this moment, I would be interested in supporting and digging out hidden talents through being cultured or exploring different routes since when I was young, I admired talented and amazing musicians and wanted to learn and understand their approach to becoming that way. I would like to build on pop culture with music and fashion, something that can be created and embraced in a different vein.”
TOP’s voice is very solid and charismatic, whereas my rap is very thin. Together, both of our raps combined to create a harmonious flow of rhythm and beats. - GD [x]
I have always wanted to have kids. It makes me want to hold them/hug them. Kids are so cute. They’re lovely like angels. Although there are others who might not like kids but the way they jiggle when they move and the way they speak so innocently. When they smile oh, kids are like angels really. Although it is still a little far from now when I get married someday, I want to make a nice family. I’ll take care of my wife and have kids. We will always be happy and I’m very jealous of Sean hyung. He has two kids, Haeum and Harang. They’re such a lovely family and earn a lot of money. They look so happy. Harang likes me too. Harang follows me everywhere around. He likes to hug me. I think he likes me more than Sean hyung. (to Harang) You’ve completely won my heart. At this moment it makes me really want to get married and make a family. I think I can even get married tomorrow but of course I must meet the right person, and then we’ll get married and be happy. I want to be a dad that a child can respect and a husband that a wife can always wait for. To my baby, daddy loves you the most, daddy loves you so much that I can do anything for you. Come to papa for a hug. I’ll be waiting for you. Oh and of course this can’t be done without my wife.
You 5 are just like trees of different kinds. [Jiyong is] the kind of tree which can grow very beautiful and attractive flowers. T.O.P. is the kind of tree which is strong enough to withstand any difficulties. Taeyang is the tree that can grow strong even when it is left on its own. Daesung is the one which can bear a lot of fruits. Seungri is a small tree which can grow up to be very broad and very strong.
Tell Jake that I’d like to be best man at his wedding! I know I’ve only known him a short time - but I’d like to make a speech!
I want to get married as soon as possible. If I had someone, I’d want to get married tomorrow.
Fandom is focus. Fandom is obsession. Fandom is insatiable consumption. Fandom is sitting for hours in front of a TV screen a movie screen a computer screen with a comic book a novel on your lap. Fandom is eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome and not enough exercise and staying up way, way past your bedtime.
Fandom is people you don’t tell your mother you’re meeting. Fandom is people in the closet, people out and proud, people in costumes, people in T-shirts with slogans only fifty others would understand. Fandom is a loud dinner conversation scaring the waiter and every table nearby.
Fandom is you in Germany and me in the US and him in Australia and her in Japan. Fandom is a sofabed in New York, a roadtrip to Oxnard, a friend behind a face in London. Fandom talks past timezones and accents and backgrounds. Fandom is conversation. Communication. Contact.
Fandom is drama. Fandom is melodrama. Fandom is high school. Fandom is Snacky’s law and Godwin’s law and Murphy’s law. Fandom is smarter than you. Fandom is stupider than you. Fandom is five arguments over and over and over again. Fandom is the first time you’ve ever had them.
Fandom is female. Fandom is male. Fandom lets female play at being male. Fandom bends gender, straight, gay, prude, promiscuous. Fandom is fantasy. Fandom doesn’t care about norms or taboos or boundaries. Fandom cares too much about norms and taboos and boundaries. Fandom is not real life. Fandom is closer than real life. Fandom knows what you’re really like in the bedroom. Fandom is how you would never, could never be in the bedroom.
Fandom is shipping, never shipping, het, slash, gen, none of the above, more than the above. Fandom is love for characters you didn’t create. Fandom is recreating the characters you didn’t create. Fandom is appropriation, subversion, dissention. Fandom is adoration, extrapolation, imitation. Fandom is dissection, criticism, interpretation. Fandom is changing, experimenting, attempting.
Fandom is creating. Fandom is drawing, painting, vidding: nine seasons in four minutes of love. Fandom is words, language, authoring. Fandom is essays, stories, betas, parodies, filks, zines, usenet posts, blog posts, message board posts, emails, chats, petitions, wank, concrit, feedback, recs. Fandom is writing for the first time since you were twelve. Fandom is finally calling yourself a writer.
Fandom is signal and response. Fandom is a stranger moving you to tears, anger, laughter. Fandom is you moving a stranger to speak.
Fandom is distraction. Fandom is endangering your job, your grades, your relationships, your bank account. Fandom gets no work done. Fandom is too much work. Fandom was/is just a phase. Fandom could never be just a phase. Fandom is where you found a friend, a sister, a kindred spirit. Fandom is where you found a talent, a love, a reason.
Fandom is where you found yourself.
This is the kind of story you read when you are sad,
something about two boys
who fell in love with one another and could only
touch each other in the dark
because they were taught that loving someone of the same gender
was unacceptable, unheard of, akin to walking through fire
and coming out on the other side unscathed.
We met at a Black Keys concert as Dan Auerbach
gripped the microphone
like a flower’s roots grip the ground, crooning into it like a lover,
and the first thing you said to me after we kissed drunk
in the bathroom was Qu’ils mangent de la brioche,
or “let them eat cake.” Did you know, you asked,
that Marie Antoinette did not really say that? It was
another French princess instead.
And all the while your tongue was inside my ear, your fingers
between my legs, colder than a cooler full of beer
rattling along in the back of a truck on a desert highway.
Tell me more, I said. Please do.
So you informed me, passionately, that Nelson Mandela
never spoke the words Our deepest fear is not
that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that
we are powerful beyond measure. Oh no, you breathed,
those were words from a novel written by Marianne Williamson.
And this is the kind of story you read when you are heartbroken
and lonely and desperate for love, how you spot two boys
clutching one another underneath the concert lights at the corner
of the stage, down in the mosh pit where no one else can see them.
How their faces as they stare at one another are upturned,
rapturous, full of a joy and longing that you used to think
could only be found in the likes of Romeo and Juliet,
or Adam and Eve.
This is the real tragedy, I think: not that Marie Antoinette didn’t say that
or Nelson Mandela didn’t say this, but that we forbid a love between
two people simply because they are the same gender,
because we are so goddamn afraid
that they could love better than us, and in fact they do.